To celebrate Conscious Parenting Fear being republished on Facebook (I temporarily took it down on May 5th), I’ve added a Parenting Without Fear section to the blog. I thought I’d kick it off with a fun post.
I recently saw a friend of mine sharing a picture from one of the activities on her “Summer Bucket List”. One by one her and her children are having fun and crossing things off their list of things to do this summer. I think it’s a BRILLIANT idea! So, I’ve decided to create a Summer Bucket List for my family. It’s a great way to have things to look forward to and get into a groove this Summer!
Summer Bucket List:
- Visit JFK Memorial Site
- Face Painting
- Henna for myself and my oldest daughter (age 7)
- Playdates with new friends
- Make lunches fun by cutting food into shapes and making things like faces out of the food
- Dance more
- Go to a pool party
- Buy a big ream of paper and roll it out as far as we can and just create…make a world with crayons, paper and imagination
- Learn about something new each week with the kids (an animal, hisotry, etc)
- Make and enjoy smores
- Make Rice Krispy treats. My kids have never made them and we used to all the time when I was a child
- Paint our nails (the girls) fun, crazy colors
- Give our son a mohawk (if he wants one)
- Take a spontaneous trip somewhere
My friend is writing them out, cutting each one into little strips and putting them in a bucket and they pick one a day out of it! This is gonna be a kick ass summer! I’d love to add more to the list. Suggestions?!