The Beauty of Pregnant Women

by Mrs. BWF on January 31, 2012

I recently wrote a the Unique Shape of a Mother for Plus Size Mommy Memoirs. I often receive emails from women saying they don’t feel pretty or they feel too big or someone made a rude comment to them and they are down. Here are some BWF women. They are nothing, but absolutely stunning. They are creating life within their bodies. It’s a miraculous thing that is nothing short of breathtaking.

Cassie

Fender

Nicole

Christine

“A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.” -Mary Mason

Meghann

Dale

Jennifer

“A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside… when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.” -Author Unknown

Kristen

Katie

Lisa

“Before you were born I carried you under my heart. From the moment you arrived in this world until the moment I leave it, I will always carry you in my heart.” -Mandy Harrison

Shay

Summer

“Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of Mother’s Love“  -Maureen Hawkins

Michelle January 31, 2012 at 2:37 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Christine J January 31, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Beautiful ladies!! Just Beautiful!

Jael January 31, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I teared up.

Amber January 31, 2012 at 7:53 pm

me too :*(…these women are stunning!

Katy January 31, 2012 at 3:06 pm

What pretty mamas!

Kristy Alger January 31, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Every mumma is a beautiful miracle. Sure, I’ve got some extra covering, but I’ve done something miraculous. And nobody can take that off me, no matter how rude or judgemental they are. We are the size we are. And if someone thinks a pregnant woman should look like a supermodel at full term, then return straight back to that after birth, then they are missing the inherent beauty of motherhood.

tracy cerra January 31, 2012 at 9:10 pm

i love this.. i always disliked my body until i was pregnant, i loved it. even when people said i was “too big”.. and now after having two i am more comfortable in this skin, than i have ever been.. baby pudge and ALL!

laura @ authentic parenting February 1, 2012 at 5:51 am

gorgeous!

Shawna February 1, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Stunningly gorgeous!

Heidi February 1, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Beautiful! I felt at my very best pregnant! My body was doing what is was built to do and it was amazing.

Jen@PlusSizeBirth February 2, 2012 at 10:00 am

Stunninig!!!!!!!!!! My pregnancy and birth experience taught me my imperfect body is AMAZING! I can no longer despise a body that can do something so incredible.

Len Filppu February 8, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Pregnant women are indeed beautiful and sexy. I’ve written a piece on this subject for the Huffington Post entitled, “A Valentine to Pregnant Women” located here:

Many men have responded to agree wholeheartedly with me. Happy Valentine’s Day to all current, past and future pregnant ladies.
–Len Filppu

Jami May 10, 2012 at 11:35 am

LOVE it!! So beautiful!!

josie May 10, 2012 at 1:55 pm

There is a man at work who insults me every day as I grow larger. He is a hateful man who acts like an ill-disciplined 10 year old terror. I despise him because I am not a witty person with instant come backs to throw in my defense.
And although my husband is too “freaked out” to be intimate with me, he still tells me I am beautiful. It helps – some. I wish I had the courage to have pictures done, but I have not let anyone take any obvious pictures of my swollen body. This is my 3rd, and so far the hardest.
I applaud the mothers in this world who can overcome the fear and the change. I used to be able to… and I am glad I can at least remember how good that feels.

Mrs. BWF May 10, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Why are you not reporting this man? That is harassment!

Kathryn August 14, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I LOVE these pictures! There is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant women, and should be celebrated!

Bill August 15, 2012 at 3:47 am

To Josie, you are amazing because you are a woman. I say there is a reason that (we) men do not have a baby, women are stronger! Here is a come back to the hateful man at work…. You know if any man had a baby he would die! I would talk to HR and report this jerk.

These pictures are amazing, we took many along the way and I loved being apart of it.
We just had our first child 1 month ago and I would not change anything, well maybe the first trimester was really rough :) I was with my wife through the entire process, at every doctor appointment, with her through 44 hours of labor and right there during the c-section to see our amazing baby come out of her belly. I am a lucky man with an amazing wife.
To all the men out there, rub your girls back and feet every day!

Rosemary Vorih April 12, 2013 at 9:19 am

There is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman.
Rosemary Vorih