As you have seen, Birth Without Fear: The Judgement-Free Guide to Taking Charge of Your Pregnancy, Birth, and Postpartum by January Harshe is available for pre-order here!
In honor of this exciting announcement, here are ten of the best quotes to ever be spoken by the woman herself, January Harshe!
10. “If it’s not supportive, positivity, or coffee… I don’t want it.”
9. “That’s the thing about birth, we don’t get an itinerary. We have to surrender and let go and it’s in that vulnerability we find the courage and strength we forgot we’ve had since our own birth. The power is already in you.”
8. “Who you choose as a provider will play the biggest role in the options, support, and respect you receive through your pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum journey. Choose carefully, be picky as hell, and don’t hesitate changing if needed. Love yourself enough to get the care you deserve. As much as you would for someone else you love. Yes, love yourself that much, darling, because you’re worth it.”
7. “Stop letting them not let you.”
6. “Birth is not a competition. We can celebrate all births and all women. The end.”
5. “Instead of asking a new parent if their baby is sleeping through the night, which can be a detrimental question, ask them this… ‘How is postpartum going?'”
4. “Anxiety is a liar. Breathe my beautiful friend. You got this. It will be okay.”
3. “I’ve had six babies as a sexy plus size woman. My vagina never once asked for my BMI. My cervix simply opened because a baby needed to be birthed.”
2. “I’m declaring it… If cellulite is normal and cute on babies, it’s normal and cute on me.”
1. “I do not care what kind of birth you have… a home birth, scheduled cesarean, epidural hospital birth, or if you birth alone in the woods next to a baby deer. I care that you are supported in your choices, and that you were respected.”
Facts about Oregon
This is Superb and heart touching lines. Hats off 2 u.