2 Videos to Inspire You for Your Birth

by Birth Without Fear on October 9, 2011

I am getting more into watching birth videos as I am somewhere around 30 weeks. This is when my confidence starts building up as I start to focus more on my upcoming birth. Here are a few videos I watched this week that I just love.

This mama used Hypnobabies techniques to trust birth and stay peaceful and calm. She totally gave over to the process!

YouTube Preview Image

A BWF mama shared this on the BWF Facebook page. It is gorgeous, raw and beautifully edited. Took my breath away.

YouTube Preview Image

Jennifer December 2, 2010 at 2:53 pm

oh my goodness. The second one was just gorgeous!!!! It makes me wanna do it all over again!!!! :0)

Amanda December 2, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I Just LOVE the first Video!! How shes cuddling her little one through transition! The second Video was just beautiful, they did a great job with it! ( their was born on the same day as mine too!!)
I recently saw the 3rd video at a birthing meeting in my town (ASAC) Its just phenomenal how they can crawl up and know exactly where they are going :) Im going to give this a try with my next baby

Thank You for sharing these!!

Crystal - Prenatal Coach December 2, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Can’t wait to watch the other three. I just love the first video, one of my favourites! Although credit should really go to Hypnobabies because that is the program she took :) They are both hypnosis for birth programs but they are actually very different!

Birth Without Fear December 2, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Oh you are right! I thought it was Hypnobirthing! I’ll change it. :)

Mistie December 2, 2010 at 9:07 pm

Actually the credit goes to the Mama, whatever process she used. I did/practiced very much the same as hypnobabies, but I hadn’t even heard of it until after I had mine.

Crystal - Prenatal Coach December 3, 2010 at 11:52 am

Of course! Full credit goes to mama, not the techniques she learned or used! What I should have said was the link credit :)

Mistie December 2, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Where’s the 4th video, am I missing something?

Birth Without Fear December 2, 2010 at 10:11 pm

It’s just a link on the bottom. :)

Mary Canfield December 3, 2010 at 3:29 am

Wow! Thank you for sharing those! I SO needed that right now. I’ve been getting a lot of negativity lately about my desire to go natural and fear was starting to creep in. But now I feel so encouraged! If she can do it, I can do it. Every time I watch a great video like that I tell my baby that that is going to be us when the time comes. We are going to do it together!

ThoughtfulBirth December 7, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Thank you for posting these! I’m around 30 weeks as well (with baby and homebirth #2), and definitely starting to feel that pull toward inspiring videos and stories. I’ll be savoring these over the next few days!

Mrs. BWF December 7, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Awesome mama. Check out all the videos in the Rockin’ Videos section!

FutureMama February 27, 2011 at 12:44 am

The last link won’t work for me! It just opens up and shows me my friends latest facebook videos. Please help!

Mrs. BWF February 27, 2011 at 9:32 am

That video seems hard to keep a hold of. I’ll try to find another link. Thank you for letting me know!

Lisa March 15, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Yipee! I show that last one in my child birth class on the very first night. It’s one of my favorites!

Lisa March 15, 2011 at 9:51 pm

I’m sorry. I meant the third one. I didn’t see the link to the 4th.

Mrs. BWF March 15, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I knew what you meant. :)

Aleksandra March 16, 2011 at 8:12 am

wow absolutely amaizing :) third one made me cry. i had 2 natural births and it was amaizing, the best experiance of my life. now we’re working on baby #3 :))

Rachel March 16, 2011 at 8:47 am

Beautiful birthing, but I’ve got to say as a midwife and a mama I was a little shocked at how roughly those first two babies were rubbed up, suctioned, etc. and the general excess involvement of the midwives. It looked like the mamas were handling things fine on their own, so I don’t understand the need to intrude on those first few moments.

Georgia March 24, 2011 at 6:18 am

The second baby is mine.

As it’s black and white it’s hard to see just how blue he was. He was born with the cord around his neck, very blue and not breathing right away.

I would have had NO idea how to handle that and thought my midwife handled it beautifully. He was rubbed up and given oxygen and began breathing normally. As it’s black and white it’s hard to see just how blue he was but I was quite worried and if you listen you will hear me say “is he supposed to be blue?”.

Melinda May 7, 2011 at 12:36 am

Loved these videos…brings back so many great memories of my babies’ births. We are all so strong, we just have to believe in ourselves! Thank you to all the women who shared beautiful births.

Porkie May 7, 2011 at 1:09 am

The baby crawling to the breast isn’t only dependent on whether the mother has drugs in labour. I was told that drugs in labour will inhibit this beautiful natural moment. However, I didn’t have drugs, but my baby was too traumatised by the difficult birth experience and did not crawl to find the breast.

A friend had an easier birth, with pethedine, and her baby *did* crawl to the breast. I wish I had experienced that moment.

There are probably lots of factors that affect whether the baby has the strength to crawl to the breast, not just drugs.

olya May 7, 2011 at 3:21 am

such beautiful videos, I couldn’t hold back my tears and memories. I used Hypnobirthing with 3 of my births, and it made such a tremendous difference after my first traumatic birth experience (first 2 – hospital, last 2 – home). I love all the after-birth cuddling and nursing in the second video :) Wonderful job, mamas!

Victoria May 7, 2011 at 11:52 am

So inspiring, well done Mama’s. I cried throughout these videos, because of their beauty and because of the pain of my c-section birth. Will watch these over and over to gain strength for myself and my second birth.

brittanylindstrom May 18, 2011 at 11:03 pm

I watched the videos a while ago and thought they were awesome! I bookmarked them on youtube and everything! Today at WIC during the breastfeeding meet n’ greet, the ‘newborn breastcrawl’ came up and I was so excited to share the video with a 1st time mama due in July who is planning on bfing. I got on my phone to pull up the video on youtube, and it said its no longer available!! :( :( :( is there any other way to view this video? I briefly looked for other breast crawl videos, but none compared to this one. It really bummed me out. :(

Sarah Montesa March 29, 2014 at 11:12 am

I am so happy that I saw both of these, but especially the 1st. I am 37 weeks right now and awaiting the home birth of my second child. It was great to see how she worked with her toddler! My son is 3 and we have been talking a lot about how his sister is going to come out soon and looking at some videos of newborn babies. He really is my biggest concern at this point, I want to make sure that he doesn’t view this as a scary experience or feel like he is being left out or pushed away.