What Does a VBAC Look Like?

by Mrs. BWF on June 7, 2012

‘K’ sent me her “I Am Not Broken‘ VBAC picture which I shared here. She recently sent in more ‘graphic’ photos to show what a VBAC can really look like. Having birthed three babies vaginally after 2 cesareans myself, I know what an amazing feeling this moment is. A VBAC birth is…

The most amazing experience of your life!

Kristen R. June 7, 2012 at 4:57 pm

What an amazing and powerful birth! Thank you for sharing!!

Alicia H June 7, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Awesome and amazing

Kathryn June 7, 2012 at 5:05 pm

I love the look of joy on Mom and Dad’s faces!

Karlie June 7, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Amazing!! I had my successful VBAC 3 weeks ago and so glad I have a picture of when his head was out and you can see me pushing with all my might. It reminds me that I could do it and how determined I was for having no epidural and just a bit of gas.

terra June 7, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Love this! Thank you for sharing!! Love the expression at the end…brought back some good memories of my own vbac’s

Beverly June 7, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Wow, absolutely amazing. I’m tearing up.

Anna June 7, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Amazing indeed! My HBAC was the best day of my life! <3

Nicole June 7, 2012 at 5:58 pm

VBAC or no, I think that’s how it feels for anyone after a natural birth. I know I did just 20 days ago!! Way to go momma!!!!

Pamela June 7, 2012 at 6:35 pm

This is just awesome! I am so looking forward to my vbac here in the next week or so! =)

Nikki June 7, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Amazing. I just had a successful VBAC in November. Its an amazing feeling. Especially when the docs dont think you will be able to do it. Needless to say, I found one that let me do it MY way! Way to go Mom!

abby June 7, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Thank you for sharing these special photos. What a sacred, joyful and tender moment! I had an HBAC last year and it was indeed the most renewing, empowering event in my life. :-)

Mae Redmond June 7, 2012 at 10:25 pm

These are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle Falica June 9, 2012 at 10:55 am

What an incredible family!

Desiree June 9, 2012 at 11:16 am

I had a C-section on December 25, 2010. I was completely crushed thinking that I would have to have a repeat when I got pregnant again. April 9, 2012 I had a VBAC and it was one of the most wonderful feelings in the world next to having my daughter in 2010!! I looked just like this beautiful mother when my son was born and I realized I just accomplished what I thought I would never be able to do!

Elisabeth June 11, 2012 at 12:22 am

The look on that mama’s face says it all! I got chills and teared up. Way to go mama!

Debbi Smyth June 12, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I am glad that she had her vbac. In 1988 I had my first child by c-section and after she was born I kept on trying to get that vbac I had 2 more c-sections a boy i 1990 agirl in 1992 then i finally hit the jackpot my son was born in 1995 a vbac i went on to have another boy in 1996 then another boy in 1998 and finally a girl in 2001. My first 3 were c-section but i had 4 vbacs the best ever..DEBBI

Anayansia June 20, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Debbie, Amazing! Did you have a bikini or low classical c/s?

Amanda Tew June 14, 2012 at 12:46 pm

After having 3 csections then a VBAC, i can totally understand the feeling of being able to actualy do it naturally. i was really bummed when baby 5 ended up as another cut though. still hoping to be able to have baby 6 natural, just not sure where.

Anayansia June 20, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Amanda, may I ask why you ended up with another c/s with 5 after a vbac?

Jerene June 27, 2012 at 10:48 pm

I just had our 2nd hba4c 2 months ago! One of my c-sections was a vertical cut. My hbac was 15 months after the last c-section. We know the Lord sustained me through these.
Good luck.

Rachel June 30, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Dear K

I can’t thank you enough for sharing your birth photos. In early December last year, I gave birth to a baby girl after 26 hours assisted by forceps. I am having a terrible time accepting the birth. I came across your photos as I am obsessed about trying to find ways to avoid this happening again.

The title of your birth photos “I Am Not Broken” sums up exactly how I feel. I feel broken. I feel asexual. I look female but because I needed help getting my baby out I hollow on the inside as if I had no female parts to push my baby out.

Your photos prove that we can all do it, we can all birth naturally, we can all feel our babies being born. You are courageous. Thank you for this gift.

Kory April 4, 2013 at 4:23 am

That last picture is so incredibly perfect, reminds me of exactly how I felt when they handed me my VBAC baby!