hannah November 12, 2012 at 9:54 pm

tears!!!!!!! he is beautiful!!!!!!!! so much love. congrats, sweet mommy!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim H. November 13, 2012 at 11:37 pm

I love the birth discussion during labor. I also love how your husband redirected you every time! So beautiful! Love it all!

Jeanette Meek November 16, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Love this story. You did an amazing job! I wish that I had had some of your strength of mind during my labor! Your husband was an amazing help throughout. And that baby is BEAUTIFUL, just like his parents. Congratulations.

Wendy November 16, 2012 at 7:07 pm

He is gorgeous!

I can’t help but wonder about that statistic (which I’ve heard before). Do “90%” of women with birth plans end up with c-sections because of something they did, or (subconscious?) undermining by the staff?

This is coming from a woman who planned two natural births and ended up with two sections.

siddhesh November 17, 2012 at 8:01 am

a loud CONGRATULATIONS… :)

Becca C. January 7, 2013 at 2:33 am

Induction can be the start of a cascade of interventions, but it does not always lead to c section. I ad a medical induction and epidural with my first, before I was even in pain and I had him vaginally. And was very glad I didn’t need a c section!

Keisha M. January 10, 2013 at 2:11 am

I felt that an induction would be the end of my plans to have a natural childbirth.I had no choice due to my daughter being diagnosed with iugr and my contractions stopped. I was able to be induced not have any pain medication and still have the beautiful childbirth that I wanted with my second.

Erin November 21, 2013 at 1:25 pm

You and your husband are both amazing!! What strength and perseverance to stick to the birth plan with the staff just making it harder for you. It makes me crazy that they made you turn on your back, for what reason?! Haven’t staff learned its the most unnatural position for birth. Big kudos to you guys and what a beautiful, beautiful baby!