Home Birth After 3 Cesareans (HBA3C)

by Birth Without Fear on August 12, 2011

When I asked for breastfeeding pictures, this one that caught my attention. Not because of the picture, but the story that goes with it.

“This is Joshua Christian 20 min after he was born and the first time he nursed. He was my first HBA3C. My prior c-sections were just because I was scared into them due to big babies. At 40 weeks and 1 day after almost 17 hours of labor, he was born in the same room he was conceived on Mothers Day. He weighed 11lbs 4ozs and 23 inches long. My biggest baby yet. He nursed right away and has been a champ ever since!” ~Brandy

Congratulations and thank you for sharing!

home birth after cesarean

Karen Joy August 12, 2011 at 10:54 am

Awesome. :) Good for her!!!! I birth big babies (not quite that big!) and I’m a firm believer that your body will grow the size of baby that your body can birth. My two smallest were 8 lbs 13 oz (on the threshold of macrosomia), the others were 9-0, 9-11, and 10 even. All birthed vaginally with no meds, no intervention.

Maureen August 12, 2011 at 11:28 am

Oh, this made me tear up!! So sweet!! Congrats, mama!!

Heather August 12, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Yay! Thanks for sharing! My first was a c-section for “big baby” – 11 lbs 7 oz. I’m hoping for a VBAC next time, so I’m collecting all the positive “big baby” birth stories I can! You have made the list. :) I’d love to hear the full birth story.

Amy Kennedy August 12, 2011 at 11:43 pm

I have been told I need a C-section. Not necessarily due to babies size, but from my pelvis being fused together after I was born with Exstrophy of the bladder and an open pubis. I was never even supposed to get pregnant, now that I am they fear I wont “spread” adequately enough to allow for a vaginal birth, even on a small baby. This is absolutely beautiful and a BIG inspiration! I really hope everything goes well with this delivery and the next can be a VBAC! Congratulations and best of luck to you, your family and precious baby Joshua!!

Brandy August 16, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Thank u Mrs Bwf for sharing my pic and my story!!! Thank u momma’s for all your kind words and Congratulations!!!! I am gonna start working on my full birth story and would like to share it on BWF!!!! Women’s bodies do amazing things!!!!!!!!

Malani Heyman October 4, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Wow!! Awesome picture. My babies were only 4.3lbs and 5.12lbs. I can’t imagine birthing a 9+lbs baby but I know our bodies can handle it. Congrats to you!!

Marci October 28, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Thank you for sharing this! I’m going for a vbac in the next few weeks. My first was a C because I allowed my docs to induce for fear of a “big” baby. This was GREAT encouragement. Thanks!

Jenn October 28, 2011 at 4:51 pm

That’s awesome!! And you did it for the first time, by yourself, with such a big baby!! That totally rocks!

Amber Maloy October 29, 2011 at 11:41 am

Very inspirational!! Congratulations!

sarah March 29, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Good on ya! Such an inspiration and a joy!