Water Birth Announcement with Pictures: Mom Catches Baby

by Mrs. BWF on March 12, 2012

“I recently became a fan on your facebook page and have been so encouraged by all of the wonderful stories that are posted.  I gave birth to my 5th baby, a girl, on Feb. 20th at 11:11 am.  She was 9lbs and 21 3/4 inches.  Her name is Abigail Glory.  This was my 3rd home water birth, and the 2nd baby I caught all on my own.

My 4 older children were all there to witness her birth.  It is truly empowering to have full confidence in my body.  That only comes with education.  Your site does just that, educates, and more importantly encourages women to trust their bodies.  So, thanks Mrs. BWF, for all that you do to help women!” ~Katie Salvador

Lynnette Gallegos March 12, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Aaahhh! So beautiful!! Congrats to the mama and family! I’m due any day now and hope to catch my baby too! So inspiring!

Whitney March 12, 2012 at 10:58 pm

That is absolutely beautiful! She looks so relaxed!

Bethany Learn - Fit2B Studio March 13, 2012 at 10:30 am

You are a gorgeous birther! Congratulations on your sweet bundle!

Kerry March 13, 2012 at 10:37 am

The feeling from bringing your baby into the world on your own is absolutely indescribable. Beautiful pictures!

Paula April 14, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Beautiful :-)

Big Congratulations xx

Jesse April 18, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Wow..my little girl is due next month (will be a home birth!) and her name is Glory Abigail.
Great names and beautiful pictures..thank you for choosing to share them with us!

Lynnette Gallegos May 24, 2012 at 11:15 am

I just re-read this little story. I had commented on it before, just 2 days before my little Nathaniel was born and am happy to announce I ‘DID’ catch him all on my own via water birth! He sort of wiggled right out like a little fishy and it was the most uplifting and healing experience after 2 unpleasant hospital births prior. It’s stories like this one on BWF that gave me the spirit and confidence to have the birth of my dreams! Makes me want to have another one right away! xoxo to all mama’s!