Breech Twin Birth Without Fear

by Birth Without Fear on March 18, 2013

This is Mallie, a woman who truly birthed without fear.

She moved up from Florida to North Carolina in order to give birth the way she thought best, safely in a friends’ home, naturally with plenty of love and support surrounding her. ┬áBoth of Mallie’s twins were born breech after a very quick labor. ┬áThe birth was attended by a doctor, a midwife, a midwife’s assistant, a midwife in training, a doula and me (birth photographer).

DSC_4488
DSC_4538
DSC_4607
DSC_4858
DSC_4971
DSC_5053
DSC_5232
893349_545242842186941_183994990_o
DSC_5605
DSC_6305
DSC_6421_2
DSC_6577
DSC_6591_2
Scarlett Grace and Phoebe Anne weighed in at 7 lbs 1 oz and 7 lbs 4 oz.

Svea Boyda-Vikander March 18, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Oh my goodness. This mama has the most beautiful labouring belly! So happy she had the birth she wanted.

brittany March 18, 2013 at 6:39 pm

What a beautiful family!! Good job, mama! :)

Alicia March 18, 2013 at 6:43 pm

That is amazing and what fantastic birth weights! I love these photographs.

Lena March 18, 2013 at 7:08 pm

2 boys & now 2 girls! What a blessing! Congratulations!

Kate March 18, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Amazing!!! Love these pictures, they tell a thousand words. And those babies are divine :)

Andrea March 18, 2013 at 7:34 pm

What serene trust in birth! Wow! I love this! What a sweet and beautiful way to welcome two sweet girls into the world. Gorgeous photography too. And I love their names! Everything to love. :)

Andrea March 18, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Not to mention, NOT birthing twins on an operating table as is the norm these days (one way or another).

Annika March 18, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Lovely :-) a brave woman :-)
Looks like two sets of twins :-)

Crystal Hewett-Smith March 19, 2013 at 12:14 am

Fantastic!!! So encouraging to see people birthing without fear, trusting their bodies to do what they were created to do with the help, care and guidance of a trained team and loving family. Another inspiring story! Thank you

TAChatzi March 19, 2013 at 7:58 pm

The big brothers were 2 and 4 at the time of their sisters’ birth! <3

Julia March 19, 2013 at 1:05 am

Congratulations! How wonderful. Beautiful pictures. So thankful to see a team working together to support you and your family for a safe and peaceful birth. What a gorgeous family that final picture brought a tear of joy to my eye. All the best to you and your family.

Kong Choon Yen March 19, 2013 at 4:03 am

This is amazing twin breech birth. Mom and Dada are definitely know their stuff. Truly inspiring and good job to the support team and photographer too. The pictures captured those precious moment. Thank you!

Honorata March 19, 2013 at 5:43 am

amazig photos, what a beautiful family. I would love to read birthstory :)

Debb March 19, 2013 at 8:41 am

Fantastic pictures, fantastic story! Congratulations to this truly inspiring, strong, confident Mom and her wonderful family!!

mallie shirk March 19, 2013 at 9:48 am

Thank you all for the amazingly wonderful and uplifting response. If you want to hear more details listen here: http://maternallyyoursradio.podomatic.com/entry/2013-03-05T17_58_06-08_00

amanda March 19, 2013 at 10:06 am

What a beautiful family <3 you are AMAZING

Ghada March 19, 2013 at 10:52 am

You are an AMAZING warrior momma! I birthed ONE breech and had to travel from VA to TN to do so. You birthed TWO! Warrior! Respect and love from momma of half a dozen PLUS one breech-ling.

Mia March 20, 2013 at 12:13 pm

truly amazing!
I am planning a water birth within a month, and you gave me the strength not to fear!!

Liebling nicht jetzt March 21, 2013 at 3:02 pm

These pictures are awesome. Mallie, what a strong and beautiful woman you are! Congratulations! I had tears in my eyes. I’m so impressed that you had a natural birth with your twins and not a c-section. Did the heads of the babies come first? It doesn’t really look like that on the pictures, but I couldn’t imagine it would work any other way . . . Anyway, well done!

Mama Bice March 25, 2013 at 12:24 am

The babies were both breech – meaning they came out “bum” first. :)

Liebling nicht jetzt March 25, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Really? Well, of course. Now I see it’s even mentioned in the title. I thought about it when I saw the pictures, but couldn’t really believe it. I guess that would be impossible in Germany (where I live), even with only one baby. They would always send you to a hospital for a c-section and especially with twins. Wow!

peggy vincent March 21, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Unbelievably amazing. I applaud her faith and courage.

Emily March 22, 2013 at 9:57 am

Beautiful!!! My twin boys were born breech at home 3 1/2 years ago. It was a wonderful, empowering experience. Congrats!!

Kat Barron March 24, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Awesome and so, so beautiful!! What a strong momma, finding a place where she could have the birth she wanted!

Cassandra Woollett March 25, 2013 at 11:29 pm

What beautiful photos. Fantastic story. Wonderful family.

Lana Shlafer April 16, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I am so glad that this mama had this sacred, amazing birth that she wanted and envisioned. Especially because I know what it takes to give birth to twins at home – a lot of trust and alignment with your desire! Anything is possible!

dawn polley May 9, 2013 at 11:54 pm

That was so amazing

Nicole Morin May 10, 2013 at 10:24 am

I am so touched by the love,calm and harmony i can feel in those picture. The babies are so quiet soon after delivery.

I would like to be able to follow the growth of children being born this way . Does that peace and warmth during labor and delivery have an effect on the child’s evolution, compare to a delivery on a hospital maternity room from a mother lying flat on a table in room full of light and noise.

Emily May 22, 2013 at 9:25 am

This warms my heart!

Nikola May 29, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Amazing! Congratulations to all of you and lots of love,
Nikola

Melissa July 20, 2013 at 9:37 pm

So so lovely!! Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl December 8, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Hi there, I was so inspired by this story! I am having twins and live in the state of Florida. I am looking for the closest place/state that I can have a true water birth within a birthing center or if need be, a hospital. I feel as though I am on a wild goose chase with the research.

I appreciate any and all feedback on states/locations.

Thank you!!!