Stretch Marks: Wear Them With Pride!

by Mrs. BWF on January 19, 2012

“I got horrible stretch marks with my first pregnancy, and after my son was born I went through several months of self-loathing because of them. Finally one day when he was about 6 months old I decided enough was enough. I wrote a poem, took a picture of my scarred tummy and posted it to Facebook. I would love to share it with you, and all of the people who read your blog.” -Caitlyn

The poem says:

Rachel September 12, 2012 at 11:18 am

Oh blimey, that poem has made me well up. Thanks for sharing :-) Xx

Katie O September 13, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Oh me too! Love.

Carolann Campbell September 12, 2012 at 2:14 pm

This made me tear up. I struggle every single day with what I see when I look in the mirror. Seems like everywhere we look we see skinny, pretty, younger women. We know they look better than we do ( or at least that’s how we feel). And our self esteem gets the best of us.
I’ve gave birth to 3 children and I’m raising 3 more….there is no way I will ever have money or time for a tummy tuck…so this is me….I’m destined to be far from sexy for the rest of my life. But….I do love my kids, all 6 of them

laney September 18, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Thanks for sharing. I’ve struggled with this for 26 months now. I’ve raised my son on my own and love him so much but looking at my battle scars…my tiger/zebra strips I find a million more reasons for loving my son sooooo much more!! And I can now look at them and myself differently!!! :)

Jonathan November 3, 2012 at 9:49 pm

I’m an 18 year old dad…my girlfriend had my daughter 1 and a half years ago. She’s the most incredible thing in my life and we wouldn’t change anything for the world. My girlfriend for 3 years hates her stretch marks and the weight she gained because of our beautiful daughter. This post really means a lot, it’s just beautiful. I touch them and they mean a lot to me, she pushes me away because she hates them. Thank you for posting!

Susan December 6, 2012 at 1:15 pm

You are an amazing man, love her with all your heart…
It is not all physical.. It is what kind of momma she is, girlfriend to you, daughter for her mother. The marks should be something to be proud of because of your beautiful little girl. Blessings to you and her and your sweet baby girl.

Heather December 13, 2012 at 10:54 pm

It funny, how often I see stretchmarks on others and think they are beautiful but I loathe mine everyday….
Thank you for sharing this poem, it helped me see they beauty in MY stetchmarks.

sophie January 14, 2013 at 1:20 am

i love this! i nearly started crying reading this! i am only 18 and have them really bad due to a very young pregnancy but she was so worthit and this has made me so happy and made me think in a different way thankyou for sharing this! x

Nicole April 11, 2013 at 3:42 pm

What a beautiful reminder to appreciate the reason the stretch marks are there in the first place.

Ashley B. April 23, 2013 at 4:03 am

This poem was written the day after I found out I was pregnant, the day before my 20th birthday, and they day I decided I was going to become a mother. If I would have read this back then, I would’ve laughed, now I weep because I wish I felt that way about my marks.

Fathima April 30, 2013 at 1:25 pm

OMG so now I know who wrote this poem! I shared this a couple of months ago on my Pinterest. I really do loathe my stretch marks. My sisters and cousin all said it looked like an angry rat had clawed all over my stomach. I’m learning to live around it, 5 years later, lol.

Kim May 16, 2013 at 1:27 am

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I’ve give birth to 4 kids and have often loathed myself because of my horrible stretch marks. I can now see what this bad attitude has done to my family. I’m striving to become fearless and unashamed.

Sal December 7, 2013 at 3:15 pm

What can I say other than this is so true it also made me cry. Beautiful.

Jenna Eustacio August 19, 2014 at 8:39 am

You are right. Love my stretch marks too.

Minina David August 21, 2014 at 8:44 pm