Tara September 6, 2013 at 1:57 am

Wow. This story, these pictures. Incredible and so beautiful. Your description of the energy radiating from her body. I have never thought of that, but it makes perfect sense. Thank you. Thank you for putting into words your experience. And that picture of the baby swimming up to her mama. Breathtaking!

Anna September 6, 2013 at 11:10 am

I love this. so much. really, I don’t have words big enough for how much it moved me…

Cait September 6, 2013 at 11:52 am

This is so beautiful, and I love reading it from the perspective of a doula. What a wonderful picture of what they are meant to be! I hope that I have the privilege of doing it myself someday.

Naomi September 6, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Jaw on floor, amazing story, video, pictures!!! As a doula, I am so jealous of this doula (who was at the farm the week before me (so cool). I knew I should have attended that Rebozo class lol

Kate C September 6, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Wow, this was so amazing! Have you read The Red Tent by Anita Diamante? The sisters support each other during birth with their bodies, just as you described here! Beautiful!

Anna September 6, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Wow, wow and WOW!!!!! Such a powerful story. Women encouraging women in the most vulnerable and intimate moment of their life. Beautiful work momma and beautifully written doula. Gorgeous pictures by the way!!!!

Maggie Russell September 6, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Wow. Thank you for sharing such a marvelous experience with us. I hope to experience a birth like that one day, bot as the mother and the doula.

clarrisa September 6, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Wow! I had goosebumps reading this. What a beautiful story.

Renee September 6, 2013 at 11:40 pm

What an amazing story. I normally skim a lot of the stories on BWF, but this was well written and the details were so important!

Sherrie September 7, 2013 at 1:20 am

What a great story! Beautiful pictures! This was very well written! I had goose bumps the whole time! What an empowering story! Wish all moms could have a wonderful story like this to share!

Katja September 7, 2013 at 1:32 am

Amazing! I am knee deep in all my reading to certify as a doula and this is the most inspiring story to me. Thank you for sharing!

Josey September 7, 2013 at 7:55 am

This is such an awesome birth story!! I’m planning a home water birth with this child, and I definitely hope it goes something like this. :)

Jen September 7, 2013 at 8:36 am

What a beautiful, incredible, inspirational story! Couldn’t help but smile & cry while reading!