Beautiful Breastfeeding while Pregnant Moment

by Mrs. BWF on September 11, 2013

Yes, it was removed from Facebook, but really we just want to share this gorgeous picture of a mother breastfeeding her child while pregnant with another. This is real life folks. #peaceloveboobs #normalizebreastfeeding.

IMG_7985

I had my first breastfeeding image removed from my personal FB page today.  This photo is so special to me because of 2 things, first, my son whom I never thought I would be able to breastfeed is 2.5 years old and going strong and second, because I am 26 weeks pregnant with my 4th son and am thrilled to have kept nursing through this pregnancy and really look forward to the amazing bond my kids will have through tandem nursing.  {Whitney Hempsey}

Alisia Cameron September 11, 2013 at 2:08 am

Absolutely beautiful!

Sara September 11, 2013 at 4:52 am

Beautiful picture. Praying I can breastfeed my boy even after I return to work this weekend. My goal is one year.

Maria September 11, 2013 at 11:25 am

WOW. Gorgeous photo. Gorgeous mom. Gorgeous baby. Gorgeous baby bump. She is rockin’ it.

sherrod September 11, 2013 at 3:09 pm

This photo is beautiful!!

Lynn September 11, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Beautiful!

steph green September 11, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Soooo beautiful. wow.

Leah September 11, 2013 at 4:27 pm

So lovely. Thank you for sharing! I nursed through my second pregnancy and, though some of those times were challenging, treasured doing it. My two-year-old daughter is still going strong, though my son weaned himself about eight months ago.

Gail Moggy September 11, 2013 at 4:38 pm

This is such a stunning image. I love, love, love it.

Tess Taggsy September 11, 2013 at 5:08 pm

BEAUTIFUL!!! I tandem fed my last two children and wish I had a picture like this :-)

Jamaica Zoglman September 11, 2013 at 5:14 pm

This is inspiring and so, so lovely! In fact, it has given me the courage to go and post my own beautiful breastfeeding picture (which will, in all likelihood, be removed).

Emily September 11, 2013 at 7:07 pm

I thought I recognized your face! I met you this weekend in Charleston. What an amazing picture. Good luck with your upcoming birth.

Whitney Hempsey September 13, 2013 at 7:45 am

Hey Emily! Thanks so much for the encouraging words :)

Rebecka Evans September 11, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Thanks for sharing this. Stunning! You just reminded me that I did this! I nursed my son throughout my pregnancy (he had only turned 2years 3 days before my daughter was born). He wasn’t happy to have a sibling – but tandem nursing was a good start for bonding.

Clare S September 12, 2013 at 3:18 am

beautiful…especially the story that goes with it. it shows the strength and determination that we, as women, bring when we become mothers. love it.

Jenna September 12, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Quite possibly the most beautiful photo I have ever seen. Love.

keke September 12, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Oh my goodness– breathtaking!!! This captures everything perfectly–the belly to the side– the child looking up at mama– mama looking down in her eyes– stunning!! Breath of life. Can you believe this miracle happens all around us? And women are shamed for it? Absurd. BF your hearts out ladies!!!

Shawn September 12, 2013 at 9:12 pm

This is just absolutely the most beautiful moment forever archived in digital imagery!!! I love this!!!

Heather Smith September 12, 2013 at 9:15 pm

This picture is, in one word, stunning. How dare anyone think its inappropriate and remove it from someone’s personal page.

Chrissy September 12, 2013 at 10:14 pm

wow, breathtaking……

gabrielle September 12, 2013 at 10:53 pm

such a stunning photo. It really is beautiful. congratulations to this mama.

Anna Marie Ruiz September 13, 2013 at 1:01 am

I think this is probably THE most beautiful picture I have ever laid eyes on. It captures every beautiful thing about women, motherhood and children. This picture makes me so proud to be a woman and a Mama.

Anna September 13, 2013 at 2:16 am

What a wonderful picture. You are a role model to me. Wish you all the best!

Whitney Hempsey September 13, 2013 at 7:48 am

Thank you so much for sharing my image. I never thought when I started out on this journey of nursing my children I would be so passionate about it. I failed to nurse my now 5 year old son simply because I had no clue what I was doing and no support. I was determined with Eli to make it, and we certainly have. I feel so blessed that we were able to make it through the sore nipples and changing supply to continue nursing. I’m not going to say it was all smooth sailing, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything and I really hope that this is a special bond that him and his new brother can share when he arrives in a few weeks.

Serena September 13, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Beautiful! As a mom nursing three, I absolutely love this photo. I wish you a wonderful birth and the joys of tandem nursing to follow.

Andrea September 16, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Absolutely beautiful It’s such a shame that this photo got taken down but there is trash everywhere on facebook. People just need to realize that a picture like this is way more beautiful than anything in the world. <3

Jess March 11, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Yes…it’s “like” art, but there are creepos out there that love pictures like this. I could never be so bold to have such a personal photo so easily accessible.

Mrs. BWF March 11, 2014 at 2:42 pm

“Creepos” can get off by looking at a hand. People are very uneducated on this topic (well many topics).

Kate May 20, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Just stunning – beautiful mama & baby! And congratulations on 4 boys, that’s so special!

Sara May 20, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Beautiful pic.. thank you for sharing :)

Tia May 21, 2014 at 1:16 am

This is so beautiful! I miss the bonding between my daughter and I before I dried up. I wish I would have found this forum sooner. It really inspires me to try breast feeding even harder for my next child. The support and love is all a new mother needs. She just needs to hear she’s doing a good job. So thank you.

Pip May 21, 2014 at 10:11 am

Quick simply stunning. What it represents is even more stunning!!! Breathtaking all of it! I hope to be there one day!!! Still lots of BF for my 11 month old daughter and hope to BF her to at least 2yrs and the rest is up to her! Thanks brave and beautiful mamma!