Fun Breastfeeding Picture

by Mrs. BWF on June 26, 2012

This was shared in our Birth Without Fear Support group tonight. It made me smile after a long day. I’d share it on FB, but it would be removed, so I will share it with you here (with mama’s permission). This is Linda’s son at 12 months and it just screams ADORABLE!

Have your little ones put themselves into any interesting positions to nurse?

~January

Julie June 26, 2012 at 10:41 pm

My son likes to nurse standing up while I’m laying on the couch. It’s quite amusing.

Malvina June 26, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I had to think about that for a minute…that actually does sound funny

Laura June 26, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Love this!! My little guy is so insanely busy while nursing too, and naked most of the time as well! <3 Thanks for sharing!

Jaclyn June 26, 2012 at 10:54 pm

My daughter prefers to nurse on all fours while I lay on the bed. It’s hard to describe how awkward it is to nurse her to sleep like that! Her eyes roll back and they often shut, then she collapses and wakes herself up again. I’m exhausted by the time she actually goes to sleep!

Donna June 26, 2012 at 11:04 pm

My 16 month old daughter likes to stand up while latched so she’s butt out in front of me…Breastfeeding has become pretty amusing, sometimes frustrating, lately!

Janel June 26, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Of course she does LOL….every night she fill flop from one side to the other, backwards, upside down and any way possible she can grab a boobie she will!

Jessie June 26, 2012 at 11:22 pm

My LO likes to roll over to the other side… Trying to take my breast with him. OUCH! He feeds in any position he can get access to boob but always tilts his head to the side to feed so it’s in the position it would be if he was lying down.

Malvina June 26, 2012 at 11:23 pm

thats really cute! One of my favourite nursing positions is to lie my daughter next to me and let her nurse, while I snooze…i wake two hours later to a very happy baby, and it I always makes me wonder if she had been eating the whole time I was asleep or in intervals….I also tend to multi-task and have her eating on the go, everywhere I go…

Elizabeth June 27, 2012 at 5:35 pm

sounds like me and my daughter :)

Tomi Jean Vaeth June 26, 2012 at 11:23 pm

My 17 month old has gotten in the habit of laying on the back of the couch with her head coming down over my shoulder. Pretty much nursing upside down! Lol!

Samantha June 26, 2012 at 11:24 pm

My son does just that! He normally tries to do head stands too on the back of the couch while going over my shoulder to get to my boob. He is a nut. Laying down is not his style anymore.

Ruthe Schultz June 26, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Nakey Butt nursing is always welcome as long as they don’t grope themselves! That is one of my polite nursing rules. You can be naked, but hands off the butt.

brittney June 27, 2012 at 12:00 am

HAHA! Toddler feeding is worth it, simply for the comedy!

Elizabeth Walker June 27, 2012 at 12:11 am

My daughter likes to sit up, or stand and move around while nursing and sometimes swap sides repeatedly during this…she’s just way too busy to just sit/lay still and eat! I sometimes wish I could get a video of it as it can be so amusing, but that may just be too much boobage for some people!

Jennifer June 27, 2012 at 2:12 am

LOL! My son will lay his bottom half on the end table by the recliner and drape the top half over the arm of the chair to nurse when I sit there. He also wants to nurse standing up when I sit on the couch or in my computer chair but I usually don’t let him because that’s a little too stretchy for my liking!

Cassie J June 27, 2012 at 3:12 am

LOL too cute. My 16m old just lays with our legs in between each other’s now so that we both fit on the rocking chair

Megan Casey June 27, 2012 at 6:34 am

I used t wake up to my little one helping herself. Flat on my back, she was still able to get a grip and once she got let down it was easy I suspect. I have always had so much milk I could nurse how ever and whenever tub , church , store, my funniest was on counter while cooking.

Kellan June 27, 2012 at 7:00 am

My daughter has discovered a perpendicular position. She’ll lay parallel to me until she has gotten a good start – then, out goes her butt & legs. She squiggles until you can draw a T by tracing our body positions. It’s a bit annoying, because she pops off countless times while doing this & even bites down on accident – but it’s quite funny once she’s in position & being still. :)

She’ll also sit on my knee while I’m sitting, lean forward, and almost lay flat on her belly to nurse. She scoots her butt out – too adorable!

Michelle June 27, 2012 at 8:02 am

My son likes to sit facing me, next to me on the couch and breast feed… he is silly. He is 4 months old!

Cassidy June 27, 2012 at 9:25 am

Every morning when DD wakes up she twists herself into every position imaginable! At first I use to try to twist myself to accomidate her but now I just lie there and let her do her thing! Lol

Mindy R. August 1, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Pure cuteness! <3

Lorie August 2, 2012 at 7:24 am

I also wonder if that’s a “diaper free” baby?!