AMAZING Footling Breech Cesarean Birth Photos

by Mrs. BWF on October 7, 2012

I literally GASPED when I saw these pictures.

“These photos are from the breech cesarean birth that I photographed on Thursday. The doctors and hospital were extremely generous and allowed me to photograph the entire birth as baby came out. Mom has given me permission to share.   This was far from her initial home birth plan, but this super Mom is very happy with the outcome of her birth and thrilled that I was allowed to document it.” ~Andrea Oleson

According to Mom, ”The OP report says she was a single footling breech with the other foot wedged up by her head and shoulder in my rib cage.”

Incredible.

All photos by AndreaG Photography

Christina October 7, 2012 at 8:13 pm

That is incredible!! I wish i got pics that good of my breech c-sec!

Alicia H October 8, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Incredible amazing > can’t believe they let a photographer take those pictures amazing

Catherine S October 9, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Amazing photos and the baby looks so peaceful. Much healing to this mama:)

kayleigh March 25, 2013 at 2:18 pm

totally breath taking xx

Tymerie March 25, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Wow. This is amazing! This is how my son was born. My mom told me that she saw him come out feet first, but I’ve never been able to actually see any footling breech pictures before. Thank you so much for sharing!

Robbie Burch March 25, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Beautiful photos! Big love.

Heidi A March 25, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Those pictures are amazing. Whomever took the photos is very talented.

Amy Short June 22, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I just had a c-section yesterday for the exact same positioning. Baby was breech, one foot was in my cervix and the other was up next to her face (in my ribs). I never would have chosen anything other than a vaginal delivery, but sometimes no matter what you do there isn’t any other choice, I am thrilled with my experience. I was able to watch her be born and have immediate skin to skin in the OR. I tried to nurse her as well, but she wasn’t quite interested yet. We were never seperated…ever. I just pray that this becomes the normal for all c-sections everywhere. Couldn’t have asked for better care :D

Kay Xiong June 24, 2013 at 4:12 pm

I wished I could of had capture the moments of both my kids birth. My husband’s kind of upset too cos he didn’t get the chance to. It is amazing how a child is being brought into the world.

john chen June 24, 2013 at 9:31 pm

So amazing, Life is full of miracles

Tara E June 24, 2013 at 11:53 pm

super cool! wish i could have had some pics of my c-sec. my son was frank breech. baby #2 is due in 9 days and i’m so excited to meet this little person. pregnancy/birth is so amazing to me… hoping for a successful VBAC with this one.

Tiffany Hatch June 29, 2014 at 3:03 pm

It’s amazing you were able to photograph the whole thing. You did an incredible job.

Donna June 30, 2014 at 4:02 am

wow! similar to my daughters presentation – footling breech/transverse 1 wk after spontaneous rupture of membranes at 33+5wks. sometimes we just have to lay aside our plans for birth. is that a classical (vertical) incision on skin and uterus? FYI mine was horizontal on my skin and transverse on my uterus. i also managed to have a natural birth 3 1/2 years later (in australia). best wishes for mum and baby and thanks for the amazing photography.